Monday, January 16, 2012

Biggest regret

(This is Day 16 of my Journaling through January series)

What is your biggest regret?

This is a bit personal, but I'll post it anyway. Before I left home for college and met my husband, I had a boyfriend. It was a rather casual relationship, because he was leaving to serve a two year mission that winter for our church. Naturally, I broke up with him when Tyler and I started dating seriously. I don't feel bad about that. But I do regret never contacting his family when my husband and I got engaged. A lot of dates consisted of activities with our families, and I really liked his family. During our entire engagment, I debated if it would be appropriate for me to send them an invitation to our reception, just to let them know that I was getting married. If that guy had been just a friend, I certainly would have invited them. I wanted them to know that I was happy, and to share my happiness. But I didn't know what they thought of me for breaking up with their son, so I decided to keep quiet. If I could have made the decision again, I think I would have been brave enough to send the invitation to them. I hope I'll run into them someday, so I can say this to them.

Well, the baby is in his crib, awake and ready to start the day! I'd better end here. Thanks for reading!

Journaling through January is a series which can be found on iamalongfortheride.blogspot.com



1 comment: