Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Reclaiming my Muchness


Tyler, Noah and I took a little weekend getaway to Cedar City this weekend. One of my favorite things about our stay was the TV in our hotel. I know that sounds soooo boring and silly to most of you, but we don't have a television set up in our house right now. We hardly ever watch DVDs, and we don't feel like paying for cable or satellite, so we've just been using our Netflix unlimited streaming to watch our favorite shows. Having a TV, complete with commercials and a special TV guide channel, was actually rather exciting for me. After a long, fun day of driving, playing and having fun, it was so amazing to just sit in bed and flip the channels.

On Friday night, the new Alice in Wonderland was on. We stayed up for half of it, and then decided to call it a night (which proved to be a wise decision, as Noah woke up about 6 hours later and refused to go back to sleep!). But a line from the half we watched has been somewhat stuck in my head since then. The Mad Hatter says to Alice: "You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness."

Some exciting things have been happening in our lives lately. Noah is busy, happy, and is learning to stand up on his own, Tyler graduated with his BA, I get to start working on my degree again this summer, and...drumroll please....we are expecting baby #2!!!!! I am 11 weeks along, and I am happy to say that this baby has been much less taxing on my body than Noah was. We are due on November 18th--the week of Thanksgiving. Needless to say, I will not be participating in any crazy Black Friday shopping sprees.

I hope this explains and somewhat excuses my absence from Blogger these days. Even though I haven't been very sick or tired, the pregnancy has definitely taken a toll on my mind. My motivation to do all those things that I gave so much priority to before--keeping my house 80% clean, exercising regularly, reading all those books on my shelf, making healthy meals--all of it has gone out the window. Finding mental stamina is really, really hard, even though I know that, physically, I'm ok. I feel like my "muchness" is all but gone.

Well, I feel like it's time to reclaim it. No, I'm not going to hold myself to ridiculously high standards, but there are things that I know I can and should do that will enrich my life and bring my "muchness" back. Blogging is one of them, I think. So is making dinner. And going on nice walks. And doing some relaxing yoga a few times a week. And spending more time reading scriptures and fulfilling literature.

I know there's a lot more that I could write about--so much has happened since I last posted. But, with a post here and there, I will start filling in the cracks. Hopefully the next one will be from a "muchier" me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment