Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Much more "muchier"....

So since I last posted, I have been doing exactly what I said I would do. Reading, pondering, going on some nice walks, cooking a few simple dinners, doing a bit of yoga, watching fun movies with Tyler. Already I feel much better...much more "muchier," which is exactly what I wanted. :) I'm starting to feel like there's some substance and importance to my life again. It's one thing to know your life is important, because it's a fact. People are important. I'm a person. Therefore, I'm important. The end. But it's an entirely different thing to feel that your life is important, and I think that matters more.

A few more random things on my mind this morning:

We are officially out of the "miscarriage" stage, and I am so happy! 12 weeks feels like a big accomplishment, even though it's rather small in comparison to 40 weeks. I love reading about the way my baby is changing and growing each week on my husband's What to Expect iPhone app, especially the part where they compare your baby to a fruit or vegetable. It updates and changes the type of fruit almost every day, and though I know this way of measuring growth is far from scientifically accurate, it makes me ridiculously happy all the same. On Sunday it said our baby was the size of a large plum, and yesterday it had updated to a large peach! That's like, WAY bigger!--to me, at least. At any rate, I'm already so proud of my baby for growing and developing in leaps and bounds, and I can't wait to see him (or her) when we get our ultrasound in 6 weeks!

I'm finally starting to get my energy back (which has helped quite a lot in the "muchness" area), but I still get ravenously hungry like 8 times a day. Speaking of being ravenous, that's a pretty good way to describe my current state of hunger. Please excuse me whilst I make some peanut butter toast...ahhh, much better!

On another pregnancy note (are you tired of this topic yet?) I am showing al-freaking-ready. Given the squishiness of my tummy beforehand (thanks to baby #1), I'm not entirely surprised. I'm in that horrible in-between stage where my normal jeans won't button (well, they actually can button, but I don't because it puts too much pressure on my uterus) and my maternity pants are far from fitting. I make do with the old rubber band trick, but even that gets uncomfortable after a while. So I've found a wonderful degree of freedom in wearing skirts. They are so SO comfy, and it's all I can do to stop myself from going on a skirt-spending-spree.

Enough about baby #2 now. Let's talk about Noah. Oh, how I love him! As we ate breakfast this morning, he made a funny face at his applesauce. It was so cute that I started laughing. This made him laugh, too--which made me laugh more. So we just sat there, laughing our heads off, for about three minutes. I loved it! He is so adventurous and smart. His constant objective is to explore every nook and cranny of his environment (which makes babyproofing something of a challenge). His latest "new" thing right now is standing up on his own. We are sure it won't be long before he takes those first steps!

It's such a nice, bright, warm day! It's days like this that make me think of a song on one of our Mormon Tabernacle Choir cd's. It's called Morning has Broken, and here are some of the lyrics:

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light Eden saw play.
Praise with elation, praise every morning,
God's recreation of a new day.

It's even more beautiful with the music, but this is good enough for now. Have a wonderful, beautiful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment