Monday, March 12, 2012

Miscellany Monday: Family Night, Frasier, Jogging

It's been a while since I've gotten my random on. Let's indulge, shall we?

1. I am looking forward to tonight so very much! It's Tyler's spring break, which means Noah and I get to have some great family time together this week. First, we are going to ride in the swings at the park for family night. Then, after a yummy dinner, I'm going to a yoga class, which I haven't been able to attend for a long time.

2. Tyler and I have discovered Frasier. Oh. My. Cow. Hilarious! My favorite episode so far is "Flour Child," where Niles says: "Last night, I actually had a dream my flour sack was abducted and the kidnapper started sending me muffins in the mail." And the dad has the cutest smile ever!!!


Source

3. I got bored of the ellipitcal machine at Gold's Gym, so I decided to try jogging on a whim two weeks ago. I must say, it's rather addicting. I tried jogging/walking a few years ago, but it didn't really work for me--I got shin splints pretty easily. Plus, I felt like a total wuss because I could only jog for 1 minute, tops. (I wasn't really into exercise then. Which is not to say that I'm, like, really into exercise now. But I like it.) Now, thanks to my (very imperfect) efforts to keep a regular workout routine for the last little while, I can jog for long enough to make it enjoyable. It's still not very long, but I have hopes of improving! May I point out how true the photo below is?


Source

4. Speaking of the gym, does it drive anyone else nuts if you can see yourself in the mirror when you use the treadmill or elliptical? I don't like the treadmills with the tv screens in front (unless I know for sure there's a show on I'll like), so usually I just listen to music. The treadmills sans tv screens are in front of mirrors that are about 50-ish feet away, which means I can see my silly little face, huffing and puffing and bouncing up and down. I guess the solution is to go jogging outside. But then I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth out of my monthly gym payments...*sigh*

Ta da! There's my randoms for today! :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment